Construction Site Accidents Attorney
Try getting around town without passing a construction zone. In Southern Nevada, that’s nearly impossible. When a serious car accident is caused by a dangerous road construction zone or defective highway design, the experienced legal team at Edward M. Bernstein & Associates will help victims pursue maximum recovery by filing a claim against the city, state or governmental agency responsible.
We have the skill and experience to fight for justice and maximum compensation for the victims of governmental or contractor negligence, such as:
- Inadequate road construction markings and safety warnings.
- Dangerous or misplaced road construction markers and barricades.
- Malfunctioning traffic signals and missing or improper stop signs.
- Dangerous curves and defective guard rails.
- Inadequate shoulders and dangerous drop offs.
Our Las Vegas attorneys know that poorly maintained construction zones can lead to serious accidents.
An accident at a road construction work site may not only be caused by the construction site itself – it could be caused by a bad street still waiting to be repaired. Either way, these hazards can lead to one-car accidents, traffic collisions, and rolling your truck or SUV. This may result in serious head injuries, facial injuries, brain trauma, or other types of severe injury.
The clock starts ticking when you’re injured in a construction zone crash. Whether you were hurt by human error, poor road design, or confusing signage, you must act fast before your rights to compensation disappear. You need Ed Bernstein & Associates on your side.
Due to time limits on road construction car accident claims, investigation into your accident must start immediately. Evidence disappears quickly – road work gets completed and signs are removed. If that happens, your accident case could be over before it even begins. Trusting a road work injury claim to just any attorney could be a costly mistake.
Our road construction accident attorneys have experience representing people hurt in road work accidents. Since these cases are complex, we’ll do what it takes to prove your case – even if it means hiring engineers or accident reconstruction experts.
From the moment you hire our road work auto accident law firm, an entire legal team goes to work for you.
- In the office, attorneys and legal staff will talk to the insurance company and take the worries off your hands – so you can focus on more important matters, like getting better.
- In the field, our investigators take pictures at the scene of the road work site, talk to witnesses, and use whatever means possible to gather evidence for your car crash road construction case.
Tips from the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles on how to drive in highway work zones:
- Work zones are identified with orange signs, cones and barrels. Work zones are hazardous areas for both workers and motorists. Stay alert. Often, lanes narrow and the road is not smooth. Sometimes cars must come to a complete stop. Use extra caution when approaching cars ahead since they may be stopped. Flaggers and pilot cars are often used to control traffic. Do not move any barriers or signs to cross over a road that is closed to traffic. Doing so is illegal and you will be subject to double penalties for work zone violations.
- Fines for speeding double in work zones! Black and white speed limit signs are regulatory. Orange speed limit signs are advisory and indicate slower, safer speeds. If time is a concern, consider another route or start your trip earlier.
- Visibility in a work zone may be reduced, especially at night. Be alert and do not drive when you are tired. Watch for other drivers who may be sleepy.
- Whenever you see orange signs, slow down, watch for equipment and people working on the road.
- Be aware of workers trying to direct traffic and follow their instructions for everyone’s safety.
- Merge carefully and cooperatively.
- Traffic control in work zones provides additional safety for those who are working. It is also meant to protect and reduce risks to motorists traveling through the work zone. For everyone’s sake, be careful, obey the signs and arrive safely.
Return to the main page to learn more about our lawyers in Las Vegas.