Our firm has always felt that Las Vegas residents are an extension of our family. Throughout the last 40 years of practicing law in this community, we have developed many great relationships with the people of Las Vegas and have become truly invested in the health, safety and well-being of our neighbors.
To better serve you, each week we will be posting important updates about traffic accidents, roadwork cautions, gas prices, community events and happenings at the firm. We hope you enjoy these updates. If you would like to connect with us, our social media accounts can be found here:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EdMBernstein
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/edwardmbernstein/?hl=en
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/edbernsteinlaw/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/edbernsteinlaw
This Week at Edward M. Bernstein & Associates
On the road
The construction on the 215 continues this week, most notably westbound and eastbound between Warm Springs and Paradise. There is also work being done on the 215 eastbound on-ramp from the airport tunnel. The carpool lane on the 95 is blocked, due to construction, both ways between Decatur and Rancho and northbound at Exit 81C/Westbound Summerlin Pkwy HOV flyover. Due to the construction on Martin L. King Blvd., both the northbound and southbound exit ramps remain closed this week. On the 15, the slowdowns persist this week due to the construction on Exit 42A (US-95 northbound). All exit ramps onto the 15 from Martin L. King Blvd. are still closed, as well.
Please exercise caution in these areas!
Traffic and pedestrian accidents
On Friday evening, a 15-year old girl was struck by a vehicle and critically injured while crossing in the crosswalk where Vegas Drive intersects with North Cimarron Road. Our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys have handled many pedestrian accidents and we want to remind everyone at home to be very careful while crossing the road, even in a designated crossing area.
Also on Friday, a pedestrian was run over by a semitrailer and killed in the loading dock of the Albertsons on the 5900 block of West Tropicana avenue. This is already the fifth traffic fatality in Las Vegas this year and the fourth fatality involving a pedestrian. Our greatest condolences go to the family of the victim. For more information, please see: (https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/las-vegas/teen-girl-struck-vehicle-critically-injured-west-valley)
At our firm
This Friday, we are hosting a celebration in honor of all the employment anniversaries we have this month! Michael Hall is celebrating an impressive 16 years at the firm!! Elaine Ellis and Maria Avila are celebrating 7 years with us (WOW). Andrea Micco and Yoselyn Segundo are celebrating 2 years and Robyn Fletcher is celebrating her 1st year. We thank these wonderful employees for their hard work at the firm. WE LOVE YOU!
In the community
- January 26: There is a job fair at the Legacy Traditional School (North Las Vegas enrollment office) at 4pm and an open house at Nevada State College (#300, 1300 Nevada State Dr. Henderson, NV 89002) at 5:30 pm
- January 28: Ballet Folklorico, Sol Huasteco, will perform “Suenos y Recuerdos de Mi Mexico,” at 6 p.m. at Winchester Cultural Center Theater (3130 S. McLeod Drive)
- January 28 and 29: The Fall Live Animal Show, “Copycats and Other Critters”, is at Springs Preserve at 11 am
- January 29:
- The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards will be at Springs Preserve at 9am
- “Hidden Treasures of Great Women Composers” (free admission) will be at the Green Valley Presbyterian Church at 7:30 pm
- “Sunday Morning Lifespiration- Gathering of Faith” will be at The Beacon Center at 10:30 am
Best places to fill-up your tank
- Las Vegas:
- $2.10 Costco (6555 N. Decatur Blvd.)
- $2.10 Sam’s Club (8080 W. Tropical Pkwy.)
- North Las Vegas
- $2.10 US Gas (70 E. Centennial Pkwy.)
- $2.13 Shell (425 W. Centennial Pkwy.)
- $2.13 ARCO (330 W. Centennial Pkwy., 2014 W. Ann Rd., or 5575 N. 5th)
- $2.19 Costco (801 S. Pavilion Center Dr.)
- $2.24 ARCO (10076 W. Sahara Ave., 6801 W. Charleston Blvd., or 901 N. Buffalo Dr.)
- Southwest Las Vegas
- $2.19 US GAS (5893 W. Tropicana Ave. or 7790 W. Sahara Ave.)
- $2.21 ARCO (7282 S. Fort Apache Rd. or 6102 W. Flamingo Rd.)
- $2.24 Shell (1381 W. Warm Springs Rd.)
- $2.25 ARCO (15 E. Horizon Ridge Pkwy.)