Motorcycle Accident Lawyers and Attorneys in Las Vegas, Nevada
Motorcycle riders on the highway
According to the Center for Disease Control, the economic cost of injuries and deaths related to motorcycle crashes could be reduced by $1 billion if motorcyclists wore helmets. Yet, helmet use alone isn’t enough to prevent motorcycle deaths. When passenger vehicle drivers make mistakes, motorcyclists are put at risk. According to a report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2014 alone, motorcycle wrecks resulted in 4,586 deaths. These numbers don’t begin to account for the number of people whose lives have been changed forever due to serious injuries. Motorcycle riders are vulnerable road users. Unlike cars, riders are exposed to road debris, potholes, and can be directly impacted in the event of an accident. Motorcycle users don’t have the protective chassis of a vehicle. Their injuries can be more serious as a result.
Edward M. Bernstein & Associates are motorcycle crash lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada. Our firm will take the time to review the details of your crash. Unfortunately, when drivers make mistakes behind the wheel, the people who suffer the greatest injury are vulnerable road users. Motorcyclists are particularly at risk when drivers make errors behind the wheel. You and your family may be struggling to pay medical expenses, cover rehabilitation bills, and make ends meet if you have to miss time from work due to your accident. However, the law offers important protections to victims of motorcycle accidents. Contact Edward Bernstein & Associates today. Let our motorcycle wreck lawyers fight for you.
Causes of Motorcycle Crashes in Las Vegas, Nevada
While the media portrays motorcycle riders as “tough guys” or “tough ladies,” motorcycle riders are ordinary people. They are mothers and fathers, sons and daughters, grandfathers and grandmothers. They are also among the safest road users out there. Many riders go through extensive additional training to keep themselves safe on the road. Unfortunately, passenger vehicle drivers may not be so safe. Because they have the protection of their big SUVs or vehicle chassis, they may be more likely to take more risks. They may drink and drive, text and drive, or make phone calls while behind the wheel. What are some causes of motorcycle accidents? Some of the more common motorcycle wreck causes are not the result of a rider’s actions. Here are a few:
- Left turning cars: Drivers may not always be aware of motorcycles when turning left. They may be focused on looking out for other cars. Or, drivers may misjudge how fast a motorcycle is traveling. Riders may not always be ready to take evasive action or to brake when a car acts in an unexpected manner.
- Gravel and trash on roadways: Poor road conditions can also be particularly dangerous for motorcyclists. Gravel on the roadway, pot holes, or trash on the highway can cause riders to skid, lose control, or get into an accident. Local and national governments are responsible for keeping roads in working order. Sometimes roads are under construction and proper warnings have not been posted. Sometimes construction crews leave debris. In other instances, clean-up crews fail to keep roads free of trash. Edward Bernstein & Associates are motorcycle crash attorneys in Las Vegas, Nevada who can review road conditions and determine whether construction crews or other stakeholders may be responsible for your crash.
- Cars changing lanes: Drivers of passenger vehicles may not always look before they change lanes. A motorcycle rider in a car’s blind spot may not be seen. Drivers may also only be looking for other cars and trucks and may not be expecting a motorcyclist to be beside them. Drivers who are distracted by being on their cell phones or by texting and driving may also put motorcyclists at risk.
- Being hit from behind: In most cases, a fender bender is a minor accident with no injuries. However, when a motorcyclist is involved in a fender bender, the results could be deadly. Distracted driving, drunk driving, and other negligent actions by another vehicle can result in fender benders.
- Opened car doors: Just like bike riders, motorcycle riders can be killed when vehicles parked on the side of the road open their car doors. Drivers and passengers have a responsibility to look before they open their doors.
If you’ve been hurt in a wreck due to another person’s neglect or negligence, you have important rights under the law. Edward M. Bernstein & Associates are experienced motorcycle wreck lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada who can review the facts of your case, determine negligence, and fight to help you get the maximum possible recovery under the law. When you’ve been hurt, you may have many questions. Our firm can help you fight for justice.
Types of Motorcycle Wreck Injuries
Motorcycle riders are at unique risk of injury. Riders can be thrown from their bikes, slide along the roadway if they fall off their bikes, or suffer more serious trauma because they don’t have the protective chassis of a vehicle. These injuries can be life-altering and costly. Common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Road rash
- Internal injury
Road rash is an injury that can occur in accidents involving motorcycles or bikes. Riders who are thrown off their motorcycles may slide along the road, burning their bodies and skin, resulting in road rash. Failing to wear a helmet can result in serious traumatic brain injuries; even if you are wearing a helmet you can still suffer serious brain injuries.
Motorcycle accident injuries can be expensive to treat, may require life-long care, or long-term rehabilitation. Families may struggle to pay high medical costs or pay bills if a loved one is out of work. If another person’s negligence resulted in your injuries, you may be entitled compensation. Contact the Las Vegas, Nevada motorcycle accident attorneys of Edward M. Bernstein & Associates today to learn more and to protect your rights.
Seek Justice Today
If you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle crash, you may only have a limited amount of time to seek compensation under the law. These crashes can be devastating for all individuals involved. If you’ve been seriously injured, you need the help of the experienced motorcycle wreck lawyers at Edward M. Bernstein & Associates. Our firm works hard to help families see the justice they deserve under the law. Contact our motorcycle crash lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada today at 702-712-4239.